We are happy to announce the GESPIN 2017 invited speakers and two workshops that will take place as part of the conference. The full schedule will be announced soon.
- Sylvain Calinon (Idiap Research Institute, Lausanne)
- Kurt Feyaerts (KU Leuven)
- Hedda Lausberg (Deutsche Sporthochschule, Köln)
- Sotaro Kita (University of Warwick)
- Jordan Zlatev (Lund University)
The Neuropsychological Gesture (NEUROGES) Analysis System – Behavioral and Automated Analysis in Research of Gesture and Speech Interaction (KINEMO)
A joint workshop about the NEUROGES coding system developed by prof. Hedda Lausberg and KINEMO software for automatisation of hand movement annotation developed by Konrad Juszczyk and Kamil Ciecierski.
- More info about NEUROGES: http://neuroges.neuroges-bast.info/ and in the attachment here (PDF).
- The NEUROGES / KINEMO tutorial is planned for 5 hours and up to 12 participants.
Teaching Tool Codified Gestures – Can More Pupils Learn More?
A workshop convened by Natasha Janzen Ulbricht (Freie Universität Berlin) on codified gestures, theater and improving oral fluency in beginning foreign language classrooms..
- More details can be found here (PDF).
- The workshop is planned for 90 minutes and up to 25 participants.
The full programme will be announced in due time.